Halloween represents a time of fun and festivity. Candy corn, costumed kids and carved pumpkins set the scene.
Follow these simple tips provided by the Home Safety Council to make sure your Cinderella or Frankenstein does not get spooked by holiday dangers:
- Examine all treats thoroughly before allowing children to eat them.
- Throw away open treats, those not in their original wrapping and homemade goodies from unknown sources.
- Slice open fruit to check for foreign objects.
- Contact the Poison Control Center Hotline if you believe your child has consumed anything hazardous. The national hotline number is 1-800-222-1222. Notify local police of any suspicious candy.
- Tell children to sit down when they eat and to take small bites.